Time flies when you are having fun – and when you are with the one you love. As the years go by, perhaps your anniversaries begin to sneak up on you, with you and your loved one seemingly always ending up going out to dinner again. Or perhaps the big day comes and goes, and you don’t do anything at all because you are on a tight budget and can’t think of something to do that is celebratory, memorable, and won’t cost a fortune. Well, luckily, you can be both romantic and financially smart.
Here are 10 inexpensive and exciting new ways to celebrate your anniversary:
1. Recreate Your Wedding Night Menu
Try to recreate your first married meal with your spouse. Work together to choose recipes, go shopping for the ingredients, and cook as a team. For those of you who are really ambitious, try recreating your wedding cake. If you are not married and celebrating a dating anniversary, try to cook what you ate on your first date. Cooking, in general, is an extremely fun and cheap dating idea that you should always consider. If you’re still not sure what to do, find a new special recipe or use an online service like E-mealz to plan out your meal. End the evening snuggling on the couch, watching the first movie you saw together.
2. Relive Your First Date
Try to reach your First date venue and recollect every moment you lived their earlier and try repeating the same. First dates are usually inexpensive ones, so you can relive those memories at a reasonable price.
3. Have Your Own Personal Photo Shoot
Make a list of some of your favorite places around town, load up your camera, and have your own photo shoot! Go to places that hold special meaning to you and your significant other. Perhaps you could stop at the place you had your first kiss or the church where you were married. Ask a passerby to take a couple shots of you. Another idea is to simply take a photo of you together each year on your anniversary. Keep an anniversary album for these special memories.
4. Make an Anniversary Mix CD
Make a CD of all the songs that have meaning in your relationship, and go somewhere special to relax and listen. Share with each other the memories you associate with the songs. Another idea is for each person to make a CD to share with the other. Then, stay home and dance!
5. Do Something New
Go out to a restaurant, which was great, but dining out is nothing new or particularly exciting. Go for a hot air balloon ride. Yes, it’s expensive, so plan ahead to spend a little more next year since it will be a milestone year. Is there a romantic, cheap weekend getaway package that you and your spouse have always wanted to explore but have never gotten around to doing?
6. Get Crafty
If you are feeling a little artsy, go decorate some pottery for each other (most towns have a DIY pottery studio or two). Or make something together, like a photo album or scrapbook of the previous year’s events.
7. Watch Your Wedding Video
I don’t think I have ever watched my wedding video. Honestly, I am not even sure where it is. But what’s the point of having a video made if you are not going to watch it? Your anniversary is a great opportunity to remember that special day, so dust off that wedding DVD and watch highlights together. If you don’t have one, perhaps you have a video of a vacation you took or another memorable occasion. If not, look through your wedding album or pictures that you have taken throughout your years together.
8. Give Thoughtful Gifts
For each anniversary year, there are traditional gifts that you can give. For example, the gift for the first year is traditionally paper. Consider giving your spouse stationery you have customized, a book, a love letter, or anything else associated with paper. It doesn’t have to be expensive, just thoughtful. There is also a modern anniversary gift for each year. For example, for the fourth anniversary, the modern gift is appliances, which could be a lot cheaper than a pricey piece of technology. If you’re interested in what these gifts are, here is a handy list of traditional and modern anniversary gifts by year.
9. Match Your Gift with Your Anniversary Year
If this is your fifth anniversary, give five roses. If this is your tenth anniversary, give a ten minute massage. Be thoughtful and fun. Make a game out of it, and see who can come up with the most creative number-themed gift.
10. Just Be Together
Take the day off from work, turn off the cell phone, stop checking your email, and just spend some quality time together and save money. Keep it simple and remove yourselves from your busy everyday lives. Celebrate your life together because that is what your anniversary is all about.
Few more interesting and unique ideas to celebtrate Wedding Anniversary :
- Write a love letter to your spouse. Spray it with your perfume or kiss it with your favorite lipstick.
- Blow up a balloon for each year of your marriage and put a piece of paper in each one with something nice about your spouse.
- Go out to breakfast instead of dinner. It is much lighter on the wallet and is a great way to start off your day.
- Dress up and dance all night in your living room or bedroom.
- Enjoy a quiet game night at home preparing your favorite snacks and beverages. If you feel like it, invite some friends to join in earlier in the evening, reserving the late evening for the two of you.
- Make a special dinner with choice ingredients at home. Spice it up with candles and your favorite music playing softly in the background.
- Go out to dessert instead of dinner. This is a great way to have time alone while going easy on the budget.
- Bake an anniversary cake together.
- Record a video using your webcam or cell phone telling your spouse what you appreciate about them.
- Order takeout from a local restaurant and eat under the stars.
- Go to a local wine tasting during the day.
- Ride bikes at a favorite recreation spot.
- Make ice cream sundaes at home.
- Take pictures of one another and make some fun collages for free at a site like Picmonkey.
- Take a shower together. This is something that in the business of life many may not do. Not only is it fun, it is free.
- Eat a picnic lunch at your favorite spot.
- Learn how to say I love you and happy anniversary in several different languages. Once you learn this, show it off on your anniversary.
- Play your favorite sport together.
- Paint or draw pictures of one another. Hey, you might not be an artist, but let me tell you, it will be a time of laughter and fun – that’s for sure!
- Have a fun night of intimate games planned. Get a new special “outfit” for the occasion and enjoy one another.
- Go bowling.
- Go on a hike.
- Go on a boat ride. If the food is expensive, just bring some of your own to share on the ride.
- Read aloud a book to one another.
- Have a dream night.
This is your special day. Whatever you do, don’t allow financial challenges to get in the way of celebrating the wonderful union you share. Set aside the time and get creative!
What creative date ideas do you have for celebrating anniversaries?
Reference : http://www.moneycrashers.com/romantic-wedding-anniversary-ideas-for-couples-cheap-fun-unique/