The Bride’s Manifesto is here. Place it on your desk or beside your bed; it will help ward off the wedding crazies.
- Comparison is the thief of joy : Stop comparing yourself to other Brides.
- Your wedding is not a beauty contest.
- Planning a wedding can last a year, while your wedding lasts only a day ; enjoy the process.
- Stress is not a requirement for planning and wedding.
- Let your heart guide you. It is a best compass.
- Don’t loose the site of your best thing about your wedding : you are marrying the love of your life.
- Stand TALL in your truth : Even that means running off to the far end of the earth to get married. Or to your local courthouse.
- Pay for your own wedding and you will have control of the guest list.
- Don’t invite guests simply out of obligation.
- Simplicity is CHIC.
- Some of the most beautiful weddings have the smallest budgets.
- Think out of the Mason jar.
- Be kind to your bridemaids, they are your allies.
- Good food matters.
- Hire the best Photographer you can afford.
- Don’t go intp debt to pay for your wedding.
- Go boldly in the direction of your own wedding dreams.
Reference : http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/the-brides-manifesto/